View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #84
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Well, l'see.

A .45 Cal bullet weighs about 250 Grains. figger figger that's about 16 grams figger figger or one half OZ troy.

Silver spot price at close tonight was $15.05 so a .45 silver bullet would cast about $7.50.

A quick google for handgun ammo shows .45 cal cartridges selling for about a buck apiece.

So, silver bullets are going to come in at roughly an order of magnitude more spendy than regular old jacketed lead.

Well, I guess I might waste one on ole Cavendish, but I think I'll be sticking to lead for the horde of savage (fill in the blank)

Now, now, we're just showin' Texas hospitality. If we have to shoot you, we make it worth your while. Helps with the burying bills......
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote