View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 06:13 AM   #38
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuryase
SONY simply because it's lower risk, great tech support and warranty and the company will be around for a long time. However if iRex iLiad becomes Philips iLiad, the I'll have to scrutinize a little bit, comparing each one's features, read reviews from popular websites. That's why i hope Philips will buy iRex soon, the tiny company can't compete with SONY. BTW, don't forget Jinke will be releasing a 8' and 10' Hanlin ebook end of this year. I'll rather get Jinke's 10' than iLiad's 8' and I bet the price will be the same.
Personally I see the Sony as a higher risk... What happens to the DRM'd content if Sony decides to switch to a new format, or pull the plug...? (If you think thats impossible, look at Microsoft and their recent change in DRM'd formats)

"great tech support"... Dunno if you noticed but Irex have a forum where they respond to issues and even take on board suggestions. They interact on mobileread.com.

And you do know the relationship between Phillips and Irex...?
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote