View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 03:59 AM   #30
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuryase
Wow the majority of the reviews at irexshop.com is negative, many 1 out 5 stars, looks like I made the right choice purchasing the SONY, though I still prefer the iLiad. Hopefully SONY's next Reader will feature an 8'-10' screen. Jinke's Hanlin may suffer the same fate as iRex being it's not local so repairs will be expensive. https://www.irexshop.com/product_rev...products_id/28
Um... Aren't most of those reviews back from July when it was first released and the initial firmware *was* a bit ropey...? For example, the PDF reader didn't have zoom/pan like all the others... Who in this day would release a reader that didn't do that...?

I think you are now looking for reasons not to buy this thing. Thats fine and thats your choice... But I would prefer it if you didn't post up FUD without looking at it critically...

Now please excuse me while I quickly download the Guardian direct & wirelessly (via a shell script) to my Iliad, slap on some quick scans of docs I need to review, and even quickly transfer a book as well. Dang, I was supposed to have added some comments to a spec I was emailed yesterday. Oh well, will do that on the train...

And I wonder when the next firmware update will be...? I mailed in some bug reports that the developers told me they'd put on the list...

Last edited by jęd; 01-23-2007 at 04:01 AM.
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote