View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 04:04 AM   #53
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC Flyer; BBMini; Sony PRS650; Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo View Post
Read my lips: As soon as a format has DRM, it's neither free nor open anymore!

And you "I like stripping Adobe DRM from my eBooks"-people - in most countries this is considered a crime and like nobody has ever been thinking (me included) the music industry would start sueing single users, they'll be coming after you.

Sorry folks, but this is just a smart business move against Amazon and it's all about money & power. Stop thinking of Sony like they're the Free Liberation Front. You're just changing one lock for another...
Adding DRM to a format doesn't make the format itself closed. It only makes that DRM'd book closed.

And your comparison with the music branch isn't correct. People stripped the DRM and then redistributed those files again. They won't go after you if you don't redistribute or download from illegal sources.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote