View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #11
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I wonder if they will follow Amazon's tracks and only sell books to people with Sony Readers.

I could never quite fathom what Amazon's thinking was there. If they thought it would sell more Kindles; well, lets just say I know of one they didn't sell mostly because of those draconian policies.
According to the NY Times article..

"After the change, books bought from Sony’s online store will be readable not just on its own device but on the growing constellation of other readers that support ePub. Those include the Plastic Logic eReader, a thin device that has been in development for nearly a decade and is expected to go on sale early next year."

So, no, it doesn't seem like they are following Amazon's track. Sony already has a ebook store that contains a proprietery format that can only be read on Sony devices. They are now opening up their bookstore to everyone else who owns a reading device that can read ePUb it seems.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote