View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #80
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post
I use a 8GB SD Card for my jetBook since firmware v033c with no problem at all. I have something like 1,200 books now, all classified into folders and subfolders and it works faultlessly. All folders can be opened instantaneously when I access them. It takes about 3 seconds to update the whole card's contents after I disconnect my jetBook from my PC, or when I reinsert the SD card. I have a Sony PRS505 and it's a nightmare when I have more than 200 books, worse if I try to put them on the SD card. It takes forever to update its contents, and sometimes it just freezes when there are a lot of books. That, for me, is one essential factor why I prefer now my jetBook. I can literally put a whole library in it and access my books without any delay or problem.
That's good news, indeed! Thanks for the update on this.

I would love to have hundreds of books readily available and, as with your experience, that just isn't possible on the Sony 505. (I truly love the Sony, but it's not practical to put such a large library on it - unless one is a masochist.)

Tonight, I'm going to load the 250-odd books from Fictionwise onto my jetBook.

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote