View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #90
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Size Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Robert
Get I have a few questions

I didn't realize your reader supported LIT that is awesome most of my ebooks are in that format. However I noticed in your FAQs that there is a 4MB limit. Does this apply to the 5" Pro ezreader

Also I know you've mentioned TTS does not work for epub. What formats does TTS work on?

Thank you
=X=
Dear ==X==:

The Pocket PRO supports about 12-14 total formats. One is Adobe Digital Editions. I agree with you that Open Format is a real blessing as a lot of the smaller publishers (like environmental papers and such) are not available in the more well-known formats. Having LIT and DOC and HTML simply open up more of the world of publishing to you.

Actually, the Pocket PRO's Text-To-Speech does work beautifully with the pdf eBooks that Adobe has and the Pocket PRO does TTS on TXT.

We are investigating what other formats the TTS supports. I will post.

The key thing is that we get this post back to its basic premise: Astak has released a 5 inch eBook Reader for $199 that is infinitely stronger and more featured than any other 5 inch out there. This has the Epson Controller with 400MHz processor for very fast page turns, 8 level grey scale, Adobe Digital Editions, displays 12-14 formats and 20 languages, has a relaceable, rechargeable battery, has SD card slot to 16GB, comes in six colors, and has the pricing that MobileRead Forum people have stated they want.

I hate to see this post sway away from this point. This is a terrific device that really is pretty incomparable for its size. I had hoped that MobileRead Forum people would really embrace this. THIS is NEWS!!

What I would welcome is a comparison of the Sony PRS-300 with the Pocket PRO... being they now cost the same. Sony has the brand name... but Astak (in my opinion) has an unbeatable device out!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote