View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #6
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
If you can wait, you should at least hold out until we have a 100% accurate idea of the Plastic Logic reader, its final specs, and its price point. That is what I am doing.
+1 on that suggestion. No reason not to wait another few months. I feel the KDX falls short of what I would want in a large format reader and no reason to buy it now with other devices so close to release.

And do not forget there will be the gen1 devices using the Pixel Qi 3Qi displays which means larger format displays for far less cost. Trade off is of course battery run time...still used as a reader only a 3Qi based device should get a full day's reading pretty easily if used w/o backlight on or even the middle of the three modes.

And my personal opinion, I am not sold on the KDX as anything other than a rush to be first to market device. Maybe it's the Platypus of large format ebook readers?? I mean that poor critter looks as if it was not quite finished and made from left over parts at the end of the work day.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote