View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #19
bamboozled
bamboozled began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Compaq PPC
I prefer to read series ... get immersed with the characters and the story. I like to read fantasy. I just started Farland's Runelords series. I have tried twice to get into the wheel of times series, but tend to crap out about book 4-5 (I've had friends tell me both sides on this one ... with most telling me to push through the middle). I do appreciate Jordan's descriptive ability, but I just get bogged down enough to pull over at that point in the story and haven't gone back.

I tend to give a series a book or two ... see if I feel like going on. Sometimes the plot goes off track or if it gets going in circles (repetitive) then I'll probably jump ship.

Someone said life is too short to read stuff we don't like... I agree. Now that I have a 4 year old and a pair of 21 month old twins. They keep me busy (I'm with them during the day while wifey works). So when I do find the time to get into a story, I don't want to waste that time.

Oh someone also just lent me a copy of the first Earthsea book ... so far so good.

I am recently just rediscovering joy in reading again ... hence the interest in a good ebook reader. Just having to save for one so it might be a while before I can get one.
bamboozled is offline   Reply With Quote