View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #11
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
A brief note on The Spider - The Robot Titans of Gotham by Norvell W. Page

I acquired this ebook via one of the Baen Books CD's available at The 5th Imperium, it sat around on my hard drive until I purchased his second book, The Spider: City of Doom, which was included with this month's Webscription.

I had started to read the book a couple of times but had not been able to get into it. Basically these stories hearken back to the old radio series, The Shadow and etc and reading something like that requires that I be in that type of mood. The Robot Titans contains three longish short stories; Satan's Murder Machines, Death Reign of the Vampire King, and The Octopus: The City Condemned to Hell. Nothing gaudy or anything. I've completed the first and am halfway through the second. EDIT removed really silly comments.

Cover, as I said nothing particularly gaudy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Spider 1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	33783  

Last edited by NormHart; 08-07-2009 at 11:53 AM.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote