View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
It would be so that I could read books without conversion. Sony doesn't read html natively. Many, many romance e-publishers offer html as a format choice, plus a read reader can convert secure files into html format. That is a huge deal for me. I bought my Sony Reader with a 2 year accident protection plan. I feel confident that I won't lose money on this transaction.

There isn't anything about the Sony Reader except for the screen that makes me want to stick with it. There isn't any content that it sells that I can't get somewhere else, cheaper. It doesn't offer a great browsing format. A way to make notes. It just has a beautiful screen.

If I can get the beautiful screen that reads htmls natively, Sony loses me as a customer. Bookeen partnered with Gowerpoint Ubook reader in the past and I hope that program is the basis for its e-reading software. Gowerpoint allows to have bookmarks, display pictures, has a great library feature. The only thing it doesn't do is allow you to rate your books. Other than that, I think it is a wonderful ebook program.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote