View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:50 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Ghost Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Anything with a glass screen is fragile, and that means all current ebook reading devices.

The Plastic Logic looks good, but won't be out in time for this year.

By the end of next year I'd expect there to be several sturdy ebook readers with non-glass displays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwickimom View Post
Ok, so I am loving my new Sony PRS-505. And my 11 year old has serious e-reader envy. I have no real objection to getting him one, if I can find a reasonably priced option that isn't as fragile. Would like to maybe surprise him with it for Christmas, loaded with many of his favorites and other things I think he'd like. I would much rather him grab a reader on the way out the door than his Nintendo DS Lite.

Suggestions? I'm not opposed to used, either.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote