Thread: ebook piracy
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
Don't confuse leechers with readers. Actually the active eBookz scene is rather small. The people scanning and proof-reading and formatting usually know each other. Some of them even would like the illegal scene to be closed to leechers, which are the ones who cause the problems by distributing without thinking.

And as much as I believe that most of the music leechers download is actually heard by them as most movies may be watched, I think very little of the literature is actually read.
If it would be, these people simply wouldn't find the time to dowmload all this material. Reading still is a time-consuming hobby. You either download a lot or read a lot.
I'd have to agree. Piracy, of any media, isn't hurting anybody's bottom line. Whatever sells the most product is also the most pirated. Dan Brown books fly of the shelves in book shops, they're downloaded a lot from .torrent sites and newsgroups. The Dark Knight was one of the biggest grossing films of all time, it was also one of the most downloaded. Nobody is hurting from piracy, no matter what the companies actually think.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote