Thread: ebook piracy
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Oh, and the proce on the ebook readers I dont think is as big an issue as people make it out to be. I think the real issue is the lack of an eBook standard. Or at least readers that can display the popular formats. There are popuat formats out there like MOBi and ePub but you may be hard pressed to find a reader that can support them both. What about PDF?
Hell, I wished my Kindle 2 would read PDF's and ePubs right out of the box....

As far as DRM is concerned, I wish there was a way to tie the purchases to an individual and not a device. That way I would be free to purchase a different brand reader in the future and still be able to use my legally purchased items.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote