View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If that is indeed what the freehand note feature is, that would be really cool!

In my opinion, the 700 looks very solidly built. I think some high up manager listed a bunch of features he/she wanted on the 700 and built in side lights was one of them. Probably as seeing that there are many requests for a built in light and perhaps the covers with lighting sold very well showing considerable interest in it. Also, it's a feature that no other e-reading device has.

Unfortunately, they should've look at the prototype and realized that the added lights created a very poor contrast. I'm pretty sure if that if the 700 had similar contrast as the 505, that it would've been a big hit.

So it looks like the 600 addresses the issues that made the 700 lacking and offers a lot of nice features at a good price point for consumers. I don't see many additional features but I see it as a "correction."

I've only seen pictures but it seems like Sony are building units that are more affordable than adding a lot of extras into making the units look cool and solid. I just hope they don't "feel" cheaply made. That's one thing I've never heard about any of the e-readers from Sony, that they feel cheap.

Last edited by MerLock; 08-03-2009 at 01:33 PM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote