View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #61
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 10.1 & Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Just FYI, people from the Balkans find this term pretty offensive.
No offense was intended. However, if I had to figure out which words were offensive in every part of the world, I would never be able to write anything. The term balkanization was used and is used by all the major news agencies, analysts, politicians, etc. to refer to a fragmentation. If it's good enough for them, I don't see why I can't use the term. Being overly "politically correct" stifles the free exchange of ideas.

BTW, I know some words in Spanish that are acceptable in Mexico, but are considered obscene in Spain. Should I not use those words when speaking to someone from Mexico?

Last edited by jgray; 08-03-2009 at 02:07 PM.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote