View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
Thumbs up

Hey, now, we try to be nice to the guys too -- we're not just singling you ladies out for good treatment.

Seriously, though, this is the first forum I've participated in that I've stayed for more than a few weeks (almost a year now, how time flies!). I've found the denizens of most web forums to be rather harsh and impolite, and decided that I don't need to go online to get that sort of treatment, I can just walk down the street! I think it probably has to do with anonymity reducing the already thinning "common" courtesy of our society -- if nobody knows who you really are then they don't know that it's you who's being a jerk.

What struck me about M.R. from the beginning is how considerate everybody is around here. There's lots of disagreement and discussion, sure -- some of it quite spirited -- but for the most part, it's refreshingly respectful.

That, of course, starts with Alexander, since he set the place up, and largely sets the tone for it, and the Editors (like Bob -- there several others ) do a lot to support it, but it really comes down to the folks who hang around here. It wouldn't be a respectful, healthy discussion and information sharing venue if the community at large wasn't interested in keeping it that way. So kudos to the lot of you. That's what I want to say: good show.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote