View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Thoughts of a PRS-700 user concerning the announcement of the PRS-600

Hi everyone!

I kept going on and on in my head about this new device that would be on the market soon and I would like to share some of my thoughts about it as a fellow PRS-700 user.

Is the PRS-600 just a downgrade from the 700?

I think so... the 600 appears to be a 700 without the sidelights and a brand new firmware update. Think of it like this, the freehand notes feature is a software one, it's not as much a NEW touchscreen rather than it is a new way of using such touchscreen. Also the inbuilt Dictionary is exactly what we've all been asking as an update.

I believe that Sony has been listening to what we say around here and hurried up and released this unit in order to try to make the unit what the 700 was meant to be and removed the sidelights to improve contrast (just a guess, we haven't seen any pics of its contrast).

When more information gets out on this unit I would like to compare the specs and see if my thoughts are correct, if they are I hope you all join me in an effort to mass email Sony asking for an update of the same nature for the 700, the unfavored son.
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote