View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
The Sony PRS-505 that I bought was second-hand and after asking a bunch of questions, I finally got it to register with the Sony store. "I assume any books that are already on it will no longer function as soon as Iplug it into my computer and try to somehow register it is that correct?" I wasn't sure about this point, and there was one book on it that I wanted to read, so I waited until I had finished reading it before registering. Now, I did copy the original contents off to my PC, and I'm thinking I might try putting one of those books back onto the Sony reader to see if it still works. I'm not sure if registration changes something within the reader which is tied to the particular DRMed book or not. There's very little information out there on the LRX DRM mechanism.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote