Thread: iLiad Fixing iPdf for iRex
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 06:08 AM   #44
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
Scotty's ipdf made iLiad faster definitely, but sometimes it is not directly noticeable due to the effect of page pre-rendering. I had major problems with the slowness of scanned documents (sometimes 10 sceonds to render), but now Scotty's ipdf solved the issue (it renders scanned documents lightning quick).

Only thing I would ask for as a further improvement is the contrast. The contrast on the iliad is quite low anyway, but the problem has become worse because of the font smoothing or rendering method. If I draw lines with the stylus I can clearly see that those lines are darker than letters and has much more contrast altough they are not thicker in every situation. So I don't think that letters are drawn with black, but some grey colour.
I would be very happy if there was an option to apply contrast/brightness correction in a configuration file or some way, because oftne I am forced to read under worse than optimal light conditions. (only optimal is sunshine, daylight IMHO for eInk)
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote