Status Quo after testing for about 3 hours
- PDFs are zoomed, ePUBS are reflowed.
- Results for PDFs are underwhelming. Most of the covers are "distorted". When going for smaller zoom level, the "fonts" fade out.
- ePUBS are absolutely okay. I'd expected even a bit more, given the higher dpi rate. But it's fine and can compete with the standard 6" units.
- Adobe Digital Edition still doesn't show my Micro SD card, only the internal memory (whatever SD card I've tried).
- No SDHC support, so my limit was 2GB. I can live with that, but a brand new unit should be able to support the common memory modules.
- Design is less "elegant" than Cybook Gen 3, feels a bit "plasticky". But for such a small unit it's okay, would be more "annoying" for a bigger one.
- I don't like the 3 bottom buttons. Flimsy and not very ergonomic.
- No cover, just a sleeve included. Because of it's "round edges" it might be difficult to find a 3rd party cover.
- User replaceable battery, not even a screwdriver needed.
- Screen rotation works flawlessly.
Meaning: It's not yet in my top 3. Those top 3 still are iRex iLiad, Sony 505 and Kindle 2 (Kindle DX getting closer).
But it's in my top 5 already and (for the moment) I don't see any need to go out for another 5" unit. (I most likely won't buy the BeBook unit, but of course will have an eye on Sony.)
Last edited by mgmueller; 08-01-2009 at 12:05 AM.