Thread: questions
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
Hi, I get problems when setting the device.

1. I try to lock the sensor on the left side. So I go to the 'personal perference', and only the 'lock left sensors' is checked. But after saving, the left sensor still works. How to do it?
You should open a trouble ticket about that if the problem persists. I found iRex to be very helpful and responsive about solutions to problems, and not every issue is an automatic "send it back" kind of problem.

Quote:
2. In 'power management', I think I can set the 'suspend timeout' according to the manual. However, I can not see it in the menu. I confirm the firmware is 1.6 from the about menu. So how to set the 'suspend time'?
You can't do it from the menu, but you shouldn't need to. Mine immediately wakes up from the suspend with no problems. Being able to set the hibernate function to a longer period would be nice, however.

Quote:
3. After opening a PDF, I can make notes on it, which is good. However, has anybody noticed that when making the notes, the color of your drawing is very light, like gray and only if you fresh the screen once, then the color becomes dark black. Why?
I think that has to do with how e-ink functions. You aren't refreshing the screen when you draw a line on it, so it doesn't produce as much "black ink" as a refresh would. But that's just my guess.

Thanks very much if you can help me.[/QUOTE]

And I hope I've been helpful.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote