View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #41
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
also i remember seeing a man who sharpened scissors and knives (rémouleur) about the same epoch.
You can still find them around down here, especially in a restaurant area, though admittedly they get around on motorbikes or in vans rather than on foot. They will apparently happily come and sharpen home knives (and I'm told it's pretty cheap too).

Quote:
...and remember how long you had to wait to see the photos ? because you had to take them to the laboratory to be developped, and come back to pick them up, and only then could you know if they came out as well as you hoped. for some special photos it was just agony to wait so long ! and then there appeared the "one hour" labs, and it was amazing so see them so fast !

and remember sometimes you would take the last 2 or 3 photos on the film of nothing at all, just to finish it, because you were in a hurry to see the pictures ? and then get the film back and have 3 lovely closeups of your feet, or the corner of a table...
I still do all of that (though I don't bother with the feet-closeups - I just rewind, or take totally unnecessary shots of the dogs ). If I don't, The Loved One would just have more reason to complain about the number of cameras I have. I've actually never used Kodachrome though.

Cheers,
Marc (looking into the eyes of six film cameras at this very moment - they're on the shelf above my desk, at eye height)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote