View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 02:53 AM   #34
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
My first college dorm had a phone with separate ear phone and microphone, crank on the side to get the attention of the opperator, tell her the three-digit number.... but it was a pretty old dorm at a very old school.

I remember when roller skates had four wheels and needed a skate key and could fit on any shoes.

I remember that a small glass of coca cola (made from a splash of syrup and carbonated water,) cost 6 cents. Large glass cost ten cents. Another 15 cents got you a slice of pizza. A pack of cigarettes out of the vending machine cost 24 cents. My mother smoked 'Chesterfields.' You'd drop in a quarter and the pack of cigarettes had a penny taped to the side.

Do you remember Victrola's? 78rpm?

How about choosing a bag of 'penny candies?' 3 of these for one penny, four of those for a penny, 2 bottle caps filled with fudge for a penny, candy 'dot's' on a strip of paper?

Jean-Paul Sartre said (in "Nausea,") "the past is a landlord's luxury."

Personally, I disagree! All it takes is a good memory.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote