View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
I don't know about all this. I have found that reading on my eInk BeBook is more pleasurable than reading paper. For me the image is in fact more legible, due primarily to the fact that I can choose the font and font-size and formatting of my choice. I find I that I am pausing and savoring language more, I suppose due to the increased (for me) clarity of image. Anyway, for me there currently are no drawbacks, and I'm not (yet) dissatisfied with the availability of titles (free and otherwise) on the internet. Without too much exaggeration, I can say that this eInk reader has changed my life for the better.
I have to second this. I find reading on my Kindle much more pleasurable than reading paper - less distracting, more convenient and just a joy. Selecting a font size that's right for my lighting and not having to deal with some of the more odd and elaborate font choices.

And of course, ultimately, the most important thing to me is that the format of the book reader *does* disappear and the only thing that is left is the words and the story.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote