Okay... I dont need help on how to do it... but I just discovered something.
I had/have many pdf ebooks that I wanted to change epub... thats fine and all, but some pdf ebooks would have a page number and the authors name on each page. So when I would convert it that would come onto the epub file too. So I would have 1, 2, 3, 4... jumbling the text around. As you can imagine thats really annoying!
So I searched the internet about converting pdfs to epub without the page numbers. I couldn't find anything helpful. So it occurred to me that I could crop the pdf and get rid of the author name and page numbers and just leave the text. But I soon learned it was just hidden. So it would still appear on the converted epub even though it was hidden on the pdf. UGH!
Anywhoo, I figured out how to make it so could crop it and convert without having the page numbers and author name appear throughout the whole epub. Im on a mac sooo... this is how I did it:
1) Open pdf on preview and crop it so the author name and page number becomes hidden and you just have the text.
2) Go up to file, print. (No printing here)
3) Click on the PDF icon on the lower left side of the print box.
4) On the dropdown menu click on Save as PostScript
5) Open the new post script file with preview... it will open and tell you its converting to pdf again.
6) And then save the newly converted pdf. And then you can go and convert that to epub without the page numbers and crap coming up everywhere
I tried also Save as PDF on the box... but when I convert to epub the page numbers and stuff still come up... Saving as postscript and having preview convert it to a pdf seems to get rid of the cropped stuff permanently.
I hope this will help some of you and I hope it works with others. Its annoying that preview and other applications dont destructively crop in the first place. Tell me what you think! And sorry for the long post.