Thread: PRS-500 PDFrasterFarian v2.0 beta
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:57 AM   #28
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_d
gameboy, that's the blank page error. PDFs with blank pages don't work. It's fixed in PDFrasterFarian 2.1.0, among other things. Hmm.. as for dilation programs. Gimp sounds like a good candidate... I'll take a look. As for paint.net... does it require .net framework? AutoImager definately has to be replaced very soon thanks for the leads. And as for landscape mode... it's not for pdfs that are on their side.... it's for turning the Sony Reader on its side to read upright pdfs. Although I like portrait too, I have a feeling most people prefer the larger text of landscape. I'm working on a way for you to set up your own default options, however.

PDFrasterFarian 2.1.0 is on the way, probably tonight.
Sorry, missed the earlier reports of the blank page error. I thought I had a scoop. Paint.net does require the .Net 2.0 Framework, but it might be a practical long-term strategy if combined with Powershell (fka Monad) for scripting as a more robust alternative to CMD.

In the short run I'll delete the blank pages in Acrobat, unless you post PDFRF 2.1.0 first

I'll have to try processing a portrait-mode PDF with landscape optimization and see if the larger text is worth the additional scrolling (personally, I doubt it for me), but at least I understand the reasoning, and I appreciate the custom default configuration on the way. Thanks in advance for everything. You rock.
Gameboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote