View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #32
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Two dimensions, one one. Down to the line you want, over to the word, press OK.
About 15 clicks then.

And, assuming people are smart enough to find the shortest way to getting to their word, an average of 8 clicks to get to the right word on a 23 line 9 word/line page.

If they are not smart enough to find the shortest way, they may be clicking as many as 30 times to get to words at the bottom of the page.

I suppose this is tolerable--but I don't see myself being able to put up with it.

Touchpad with word-poking for dictionary look-ups sounds delightful though!

- Ahi

Ps.: Fewer clicks, if common words like "the", "a", "an", "for", "you", "with", et al are explicitly excluded from being highlighted. But that would only be reasonable for a single language dictionary... and not always even for that.

Last edited by ahi; 07-22-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added postscript
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote