View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #26
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
How exactly would searching for a word work on a device with no letter keys?
The Ebookwise I used to have had a touch screen. You didn't enter a word, you tapped on a word that was already on the screen. My jetBook uses the arrow keys to highlight a word. Press OK and up pops the definition. It works rather well, considering the limited interface.

The problem I have with the jetBook dictionary is that it is somewhat small. Ectaco also stuffed several translation dictionaries into the device, which limits the number of words in the English-English dictionary.

I wish Ectaco would allow the use of mobi dictionaries. This would open the device up to a much better selection of dictionaries. Yes, epub dictionaries would be even better, but we don't have those yet.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote