View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #11
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
An 'every device' strategy that leaves out both the Kindles and the Sonys.

Bah.

And they're counting the 500,000 Google books that you can already get through the Sony Library.

I'm all for increased competition, but not for adding to the tower of eBabel.

Bah, again.
I don't think it can be seen quite that way. N-one except Amazon can create the Kindle format. That's why there is a big debacle about Amazon converting PD books to Kindle format, allowing them to be sold, then pulling the books from the Kindles.

I'm also betting that there's no way that another book publisher will have the ability to sell Sony Reader books when they have a deal with Borders. Especially if the someone is Barnes & Noble, their arch-rivals.

Sony has Border
Amazon covers Kindles
B&N will cover the rest.

If I'm wrong in anything I've just said, I'm certain it will be brought to my attention
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote