Originally Posted by Lake person
Ordered a new Cybook 2 weeks ago. On backorder until August at the earliest. Looked around the net and came across the Bebook.
All I am looking for is an easy to use ebook reader that suppor Mobipocketbook. Also I have Windows Vista. Of course I don't want to spend a million dollors. So Cybook or Bebook?
- Thumbnail view for Mobipocket files in the bookshelf.
- 2 versions. 1 with DRMed .epub and 1 with DRMed .prc.
I wouldn't know how to measure it, but to me the display quality of Cybook seems superior to BeBook.
- Buttons on the left not really ergonomically.
- No standby.
- OpenInkpot (replacement OS): I haven't tried it, as I simply don't like my BeBook, but there are very positive reviews.
- User replaceable battery.
- Feels and looks cheap.
Quote from PC Pro's online review: "Unfortunately, first impressions are underwhelming. Whereas the Sony PRS-505 slid from the box like a Bentley whispering out of the showroom, there's a real bargain basement feel to the BeBook". (Unfortunately, I didn't know about that review before ordering: But I have to agree.)
- Never happened to me, but some report BeBook being unstable.
You easily can "trick" Kindle 2 ($ 299) into processing Mobipocket as well.