View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 07:04 PM   #13
stxopher
Nameless Being

Whoops! Sorry. My bad. Wichita, Kansas, USA. Believe me, you can't get much more average and non-tech than around here. I regularly deal with manufacturing companies that feel proud that they can give you a "Computer File" (yes, they capitalize it) on a floppy! Some of these aviation machine shops (the ones that make air plane and military parts and products) still can't understand email.

For a reader to be doing that well around here says quite a bit.

Of course, I know where 4 of them are too so.....

Hmmm, make that 5. Just remembered that one was bought this morning and is being given for a Christmas present by someone to her father. (Fellow is having the same hard time with shrinking letters that I am and has cut back reading anything but hardbacks.)

Come to think of it, we're just starting a massive retirement wave among engineers and other related fields as well as a major monetary bonus in one of the large aircraft plants (Boeing-Spirit). Maybe a lot of us in the area just happen to have the same situation (bad vision and a love of reading) and are using the same solution (e-ink and bumped up text). Shoot, this area might not be indicative of selling trends after all.

And here I was hoping that it was like this everywhere.