View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm=> Ebookman=> IPaq=> Axim=> Cybook=> Kindle 2=>IPAD 1 & Kindle 3SO
The iRex is definitely too rich for me, but I'm not sure its abnormally expensive since it is the only one that does all that stuff [grin].

There are some folks that think its a definite winner. You can visit the thread:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49817
and see/ask questions of an owner.

If it doesn't meet your needs, I would suggest you really only have two other alternatives at this point. 1) Look for a tablet pc, or 2) Wait for the market to evolve.

I do not have experience with iRex and folks that do seem to love them. However, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the state of eInk today does not support seamless annotation capability. I think you will have to buy a tablet, or wait for newer screen technology, such as pixel qi.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote