View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
JSWolf, I disagree. I have seen a great deal of inconsistancy in LIT files and even using an excellent converter I get some files that produce wonderful paragraphs and chapters and other files leave everything in one big paragraph.

I do agree that you need to experiment; however, it will become and endless exercise as the experiments must be repeated for each new source of LIT files. Since most LIT files that I have seen started life in another form (many of them as HTML or DOC), the HTML versions of the files may be closer to the original edited source than the LIT files.
I'm talking only about original LIT files where the results will be fine. Not the homemade LIT files made by scanning the book. Using a LIT fille that was from an authroized ebook seller (such as Simon and Schuster) and then removed the DRM and finally converting to HTML will look best. The homemade pirated books in LIT format look horrible mostly even in LIT format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote