Thread: iLiad Developing Apps
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I would like some PIM apps as well. The thing is though that most of time unless I am planning on using it for a while I am a little loathe to turn on the iLiad because of the PAINFULLY LONG BOOT TIME!

That is probably one of the reasons that the Palm will not easily be replaced by the iLiad.

I could live with the longer screen refreshes (other than when initially opening PDF's) if only the initial boot was not so long.

What I would really like (dreaming here) is a Palm like device with a form factor close to or better than the iLiad with the long battery life of a top flight e-ink device, great reader support with full on support for all types of document formats, with a color screen, and the speed of the Palm. That way I could just carry that device versus my Palm and the iLiad. What do you think, 10 years away?

I still like the iLiad, but I am looking forward to seeing it fully up and running soon.

Patience is a virtue.
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote