View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
3rd: An ePub is a ZIP file. So rename it .zip (if necessary) and unzip. Edit the text (typically in .xml or .html or .xhtml files). It may be ok to zip the result again and rename it to .epub. It is safer to import the .opf file into Calibre and explicitly convert to ePub.
Thanks for your response but I'm still a bit confused about your answer to my 3rd question. I renamed the file to .zip and see a bunch of .html files in one of the folders that contain the text of the novel, however it opens with my browser and I'm unable to change any of the text. Can you provide a few more steps as to what I need to do next?

Can you also explain how I would go about doing that and explaining what you mean by importing the .opf file into Calibre? Do I just import the .opf file and nothing else into Calibre?
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote