View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #120
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No of course I don't - it's a figure of speech. However, I certainly believe that the punishment for it should be a deterrent. When someone can make many £1000s from selling pirate DVDs from a market stall over a weekend, a £100 fine isn't going to be much of a punishment or a deterrent from doing it again. I'd certainly like to see a short jail sentence for such an act.
That's basically what the punishment for criminal infringement is. The only question though, is whether it's "worth it" to spend taxpayer money to punish this specific individual. The government would have to spend their resources going after this person, and I'm not sure if there's enough benefit in them pursuing such a "small fish". I think the more likely outcome would be a lawsuit from the rights holder, rather than a criminal investigation/arrest/trial.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote