View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 03:31 AM   #55
ebs
Zealot
ebs will become famous soon enoughebs will become famous soon enoughebs will become famous soon enoughebs will become famous soon enoughebs will become famous soon enoughebs will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acextreme View Post
Ok, this is so WEIRD, I swear! This is what I have been doing and it makes absolutely no sense. As mentioned earlier, I can connect in usbNetwork mode if I haven't altered anything (i.e. usbnetwork script intact). The moment I changed IP or just remove that # sign within that script, it will NOT work. And the funny part is, even when I removed the changes I made (i.e. copied and paste the original script back in and save), it still will not connect in usbNetwork mode; I literally opened the original script, copied everything, and paste it into the usbnetwork script in my kindle drive and still it does not work.

Finally, I replaced the altered usbnetwork file in my kindle with the original usbnetwork file found in the .rar archive, and only THEN did it let me connect in usbNetwork mode. Any idea why this peculiar behavior?

I even re-patched the firmware, but still the same. What I don't understand is, was there some kind of CRC or MD5 check? Because, for example, when I removed the # sign and save and then added back in the # sign at the same place and save, it will not allow me to connect in usbNetwork mode even though the script content is EXACTLY the same. In other words, the moment an alteration is made (MD5 hash changes), I can't connect to usbNetwork mode anymore. Weird!!!
It's not EXACTLY the same, most likely you have corrupted line endings if you have edited this file with a dumb Windows editor.