View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Download limits are pretty universal in the UK, and with good reason. Before my ISP imposed them, 1% of their users were using over 50% of the network capacity, and slowing things down for everybody. Depending how much you pay, most British ISPs give you a download limit of between about 20GB and 60GB a month (which personally I would have thought would be more than enough for anybody!).

"Traffic shaping" is also very common here. Eg, my ISP "throttles" P2P traffic during business hours (9am to 6pm, Mon to Fri); it's unthrottled outside those times.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote