View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #163
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
Well, using the guides found in a vast number of threads (here are some of mine), you'll see how to specify a different font for an ePub file.

Now, using the knowledge shared by kiklop74, I've learned how to access the default fonts (one of which you just replaced with Caecilia).

So, I think that if you enter the following code in the relevent option dialog in Calibre (i.e. conversion/look & feel/override css), it'll do the trick :

Code:
@font-face {font-family: "serif1";src:url(res:///opt/sony/ebook/FONT/tt0011m_.ttf)} 
@font-face {font-family: "monospace1";src:url(res:///opt/sony/ebook/FONT/tt0419m_.ttf)} 
@font-face {font-family: "sans1";src:url(res:///opt/sony/ebook/FONT/tt0003m_.ttf)} 
body {
    text-align: justify;
    font-family: "serif1", serif;
    font-size:9pt;
    margin-left:1.5em;
    margin-right:1.5em
   }
Let me know if it works !

Cheers,
David.
It's a bad idea to use em for margins because when if the font size is changed, then the margins change. Use fixed with margins if you have to have margins. Use points for fixed width margins. Then they won't change.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote