View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad 4, iPhone 5
There are several readers with essentially the same hardware but slightly different firmware (all HW made by Jinke [manufacturer China] - find their support URL here)) Other firmwares you might try are BeBook[Europe distributor], LBook [Russia distributor], and EZ Reader [US distributer]. Any/all of these will work with the EZ Reader. In addition, there is an open source (OpenInkPot - OI). Their firmware has several advantages and is what I use. The drawback of OI is it does not support any DRM ebooks. The others may support one DRM ebook type or another. You'll have to check, may be Mobipocket, Ereader, or Adobe Digital Editions. This may make your choice for you.

At the Jinke support site there is also a SW (Logomaker) that can be used with any of the commercial firmwares to create your own opening & closing pictures. Logomaker is not compatable with OIpenInkPot.

There is a way (see the OI site) to switch between whatever commercial firmware you're using and OI but it results in some OI instabilities. I think wallcraft does it this way but I stick to straight OI.

Good luck.

Last edited by slayda; 07-04-2009 at 02:22 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote