View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I've been researching copyrights with Google and found a site http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm
and I'm confused about what is still copyright protected in the USA. According the cornell site, works first published in the USA in the period 1923 to 1963 with copyright notice but with no renewal are no longer copyrighted. If true, then the 70 year rule in the USA (or the 50 year Canadian rule) does not apply to Levinrew's books because according to the Stanford copyright database, none of his books were renewed.

Am I missing something that should be obvious?
Bob
You have your information correct. If the work was published before 1964 and the copyright was not renewed then it is in the public domain in the US.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote