View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #39
sebfro
sebfro began at the beginning.

Device: Librie
I second EVERYTRHING you say.

1.) we need an "open source" system so we can program everything we need ouerselves. I am 100% confident that we have a dedicated community.

2.) physical ergonomics. I am not comfortable with the current readers. Especiall if I have to use them in landscape mode. (-> "any of the four edges of the device is the "top" ")

and something I fancy (but won't hit the market for some time)
3.) I would like to have a A5 display (10"). So I can have any A4 pdfs in Landscape mode. I don't mind scrollling as long as nothing gets resized.

Everything else: Well, give us the basics and the tools (read: open source) to do the rest ourselves. The hardware needs to be desgined. Software features later.

P.S. I'd order one even if it is well above USD 400,-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon
Others have made plenty of sensible comments about features. It seems to me that any request that involves custom development will likely price the device out of reach for a small order (under a 1000 or so units).

Y'all have probably seen my rant about the physical ergonomics of the Sony reader. Doing significantly better than that would be high on my list of desired features. (A page-bar like the iLiad might help...) Open source Linux-based system would allow porting, and so is good. Lastly, support for rotating so any of the four edges of the device is the "top" seems like a darned good idea.

Xenophon

Last edited by sebfro; 12-13-2006 at 07:46 PM.