View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
Charge via USB charger?

Can the PRS-700 charge via plugging the USB cable into a standard USB-mains charger?

I've tried this and it doesn't seem to work. The device charges perfectly fine from any USB port, but plugging it into a USB mains adaptor (which supplies enough power-up to 1000mA-at 5V) doesn't charge it. The charging screen displays on the device, but the battery isn't actually charging.

The adaptor works fine for other USB devices (Zune MP3 player, mouse, etc.).

Is anybody charging their device in this way?
What would be different about the power coming from the adaptor compared to the power from a computer-based USB port?

I also was planning on getting a solar-USB battery pack for charging my portable devices.
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote