View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #162
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
OK, I have tracked down what was going wrong...I think. I reflashed the reader with the sony firmware and then flashed with PRS again using caecilia as a replacement for the dutch font. Again, I noted that the base serif font did not change in the books. Then, I embedded various fonts into LRF files and discovered when I specifically embedded "none" in the serif dropdown, the caecilia font showed up.
Yes, this guide replace the default fonts, so if you embed a font into the LRF, it will override the default ones (that you replaced).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
Then thinking about it, 99% of my books are in ePub, so I suspect that the default serif font is not being used in display of those fonts and instead calibre is converting the epub and having whatever font was used in the html to display. Would this make sense? If this is happening, is there some code I can use in the css override to have the new default dutch (actually caecilia) to be used in displaying? Or is my reasoning completely messed up here?
The LRF renderer and the EPUB renderer have nothing in common. The EPUB renderer has its own default fonts. You should not be replacing those, since embedded fonts for EPUB files are really fast and not slow as hell as for LRF. You can also link to them externally.

There's a really good thread on EPUB and font changing here.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote