Thread: Feeling Lost
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by iprofs
Interestingly, I own the HP Ipaq which has a Microsoft interface and never even considered using it for an ereader. It probably wouldn't work well though, as the battery life on it stinks! Plus my vision is getting worse and the larger size an ereader offers seems to be more appealing.
Battery life is clearly an issue with many handhelds. My Toshiba can be very temperamental, and I have to pay attention to battery life (or find a charging outlet, or a portable power source) whenever I use it for long reading.

On the other hand, being able to read e-books in 4-5 different formats makes up for the inconvenience. Also, handhelds can resize text, and most come with the "cleartype" option, to make type reading easier on the eyes. And you can't beat the portability.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote