View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM
Some day the e-book publishers will wise-up and discover that they could sell tons--or should I say gigabytes--of e-books if they would cut the price.
Don't I wish...

But seriously, folks, Yes, e-texts should be available to everyone... especially those kids who I see laboring under the weight of backpacks half their size. Of course, the textbook publishers are going to scream at the radically-altered market they'll have to endure, and we'll likely see established publishers going belly-up, and upstart publishers trying to fill their shoes. It'll be quite the mashup.

(Sound familiar?)

Personally, I wish McNealy luck. I just wish he hadn't suggested that there have been no mathematical breakthroughs since Newton...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote