well, i have both the ipod touch and the jetBook and there are a few positives to each. (i'm gonna keep it short lol)
- small and convenient
- made by apple (extraordinary software features)
- cool apps (2nd gen only unless you update the 1st gen one)
- keeping it on for too long with the backlight DRAINS the battery super quick
- reading on it is a hassle as the print is way too small for the screen
- eyes get tired from costant use of the backlight
- awesomely small and portable
- crystal clear text that you can shrink and enlarge through different font sizes
- no backlight and an anti-reflective screen make reading in dark places easier and easy on the eyes
- not too many lol
- you can strip DRM's pretty easy and if you already have them available on your computer you can easily reformat the code (i think there's a thread on mobileread about it, and if not you can find it super quick by googling). Plus the company releases firmware updates that allow extra features and formats to be available so it's easy to get things on and off the device in almost any format.
Also, check out some of the posts that jgray, kris777, rgeorg and i have made about the jetBook in general to get a better idea of the functions.
P.S - BIG problem is choosing the color lol i have a red one and got my dad a black one, but i like the black one more now