View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
medfield
medfield began at the beginning.

Device: none
A self imposed present

New to the Forums, hello to all. I have searched through posts to my times extent and reached a foggy swamp, hopefully you can help me find my way through.

My choice has come upon a crossroads and I have thought of taking the units of ten posters, writing them down and choosing blindly.

Rationally my choice is not based upon the convenience of buying books or an ebook store layout and I could not justify spending the money of an iliad reader to my girlfriend. I have felt the sony and kindle at a local store and have come to a conclusion that I can get use to any case/button layout. The only requirements are overall document support and button durability. Organizing into folders would be helpful but not necessary.

Would it be fair to say that most 6 inch readers have typically the same hardware specs, just a different layout?

Is there a "bugtrac" like list of bugs per reader? From what I have read the prs series seems to be well developed by now, but the jetbook is lacking.

I really dont see much difference between the cybook, prs, astak and hanlin series besides default memory and preferred software/button layouts. Some claim more bugs are present than others, is this what pushes most to the prs series? The cybook/astak ez reader seem nice due to their high internal capacity, not needing to remember where I put the SD card or USB stick.

Another question would be the rss format, in the 6 inch line do all readers need a usb connection to update feeds.....or can some do this via wireless connection.

Currently I use a netbook for digital reading, but my attention span for IRC or solitaire has a tendency to interrupt my reading. The main use for this ereader would be school notes and ebooks. Format of notes/material varies since I am a student, quite often DOC/PDF for school and other typical formats. I realize the size of A4 but I am willing to try a useable "zoom" fucntion or attempt a change in formatting when possible.

Any response would be gratefully appreciated.
medfield is offline   Reply With Quote