View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #159
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura
OK, I have tracked down what was going wrong...I think. I reflashed the reader with the sony firmware and then flashed with PRS again using caecilia as a replacement for the dutch font. Again, I noted that the base serif font did not change in the books. Then, I embedded various fonts into LRF files and discovered when I specifically embedded "none" in the serif dropdown, the caecilia font showed up. Then thinking about it, 99% of my books are in ePub, so I suspect that the default serif font is not being used in display of those fonts and instead calibre is converting the epub and having whatever font was used in the html to display. Would this make sense? If this is happening, is there some code I can use in the css override to have the new default dutch (actually caecilia) to be used in displaying? Or is my reasoning completely messed up here?
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote